Take Me
Take me out of here To where I can let my mind go blank Stare at the ocean And listen to the roar of its waves As they venture to the shore With reckless abandon Take me to where I can't think of anything But the wind caressing my face While looking down to a carpet of greens And up at a canopy of deep blue Take me out of my thoughts And place me somewhere My ideas can't find me Where the only thing that matters Is what's real at the moment Take me far away into a land Where my feelings about the future Can't get my number And what was Can't cloud what is Take me, please, to that Secret Place Where love is not measured against flawed standards Where joy does not depend on circumstances And peace, ah, peace Is the sweet presence I sleep with And wake up to as the sun rises

Comments
Post a Comment